CALL FOR JOURNAL PAPERS
As initiated in 2021, ISMAR 2023 will have two different calls for papers. This first call will be for submission to the TVCG journal paper track. Accepted papers will be published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG). The Call for Conference Papers will follow. The conference track submission deadline occurs soon after journal track notifications for allowing resubmission to the conference paper track.
- Abstract deadline: March 19th, 2023 (23:59 AoE, Sunday)
- Paper submission deadline: March 25th, 2023 (23:59 AoE, Saturday)
- Reviews sent to authors: May 3rd, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Rebuttal deadline: May 8th, 2023 (23:59 AoE, Monday)
- Notification: June 1st, 2023 (Thursday)
- Final revision deadline: June 17th, 2023 (23:59 AoE, Saturday)
- Final decision: July 7th, 2023 (Friday)
- Camera-ready version: August 6th, 2023 (23:59 AoE, Sunday)
ISMAR is responding to the recent explosion of commercial and research activities related to AR, MR and VR by continuing the expansion of its scope over the past several years. ISMAR 2023 will cover the full range of technologies from interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences. This range goes far beyond the traditional published work in AR, such as precise 3D tracking, visual display, and real-time performance. We specifically invite contributions that advance all aspects of AR / MR / VR technology and user experiences.
Submissions may be up to 9 pages with an additional 2 pages of references. Accepted papers will be directly published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG) and archived in the IEEE Xplore digital library.
- All accepted papers will feature an oral presentation during the conference.
- All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a demo.
- All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a poster.
- All accepted papers will be subject to the registration and publication processing policy of ISMAR 2023.
Submission guidelines will be available on the ISMAR 2023 website (https://ismar23.org/).
Topics of Interest
All topics relevant to and advancing AR, MR and VR are of interest. VR papers are welcome regardless of their relevance to AR/MR. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial intelligence
- Camera and projector-camera calibration
- Collaborative interfaces
- Computer vision
- Content creation / authoring and content management
- Conversational and speech interfaces
- Display technologies (e.g., eyewear, smart watches, projectors)
- Diversity and inclusivity issues
- Ethical issues
- Ergonomics and human factors
- Haptic and tactile interfaces, wearable haptics, passive haptics, pseudo haptics
- Human augmentations
- Human-computer interaction
- Immersive visual analytics
- Localization, spatial registration and tracking
- Locomotion and navigation techniques
- Machine learning
- Mediated and diminished reality
- Multimodal input and output
- Omnidirectional, 360, immersive videos
- Presence, body ownership, and agency
- Real-time performance issues
- Rendering techniques
- Sensor fusion
- Spatial audio, auditory perception and psychoacoustics
- Spatial AR, projection mapping, projector-camera systems
- System architectures, distributed and online systems
- Touch, tangible and gesture interfaces
- Technology acceptance and social implications
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- User experience, usability studies and human-subjects experiments
- Video processing and streaming
- VR simulations of AR/MR
- Visual effects / video processing
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Visualization techniques
- AR/MR/VR applications from domains include, but not limited to:
- Art, cultural heritage, education and training
- Automotive and aerospace
- Entertainment, sports broadcast
- Health, wellbeing, and medical applications
- Industrial, military, emergency response
- Therapy and rehabilitation
For questions, contact: email@example.com
ISMAR 2023 Journal Papers Chairs
Michele Fiorentino, Joseph L. Gabbard, Gun Lee, Guillaume Moreau, Maud Marchal